Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, System of Systems Integration in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The GPS III program is seeking an eager and self-motivated Systems Engineer to join the System of Systems Integration team! This Systems Engineer will serve as the technical lead and primary interface to the U.S. Air Force for GPS III enterprise-level test and evaluation activities. Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring overall Space Segment readiness in support of the Government’s Enterprise Road to Mission (ERTM) requiring extensive coordination and communication with both internal and external stakeholders
• Providing support and technical leadership in the TIPT (Test Integrated Program Team) and GPEV (GPS Enterprise Verification) forums
• Authoring and evolving the Satellite Test Plan volume defining inter-segment test and evaluation activities in compliance with the GPS III SI (System Integration) Demo Plan, E-TEMP (Enterprise Test and Evaluation Master Plan), and the System Verification Plan
• Serving as the Space Segment lead for Government-lead risk reduction demonstrations and Integrated System Tests (ISTs) that validate the spacecraft’s external interfaces
• Technical leadership and coordination of the intersegment C&I (Compatibility and Integration) events, MRTs (Mission Readiness Tests), and associated Space Segment and External ICD requirement V&V (Verification and Validation) activities
• Identifying and coordinating COps (Contingency Operations), MCEU (M-Code Early Use), and space vehicle FSW (Flight Software) interdependencies and opportunities in support of Enterprise integration milestones
• Providing technical support to the GPS III Mission Readiness Campaign including LEO (Launch and Early Orbit) activities
• Leading and coordinating Engineering support to the Space Vehicle OOCT (On Orbit Checkout and Test)
Desired Skills: • Familiarity with GPS III and/or other U.S. Air Force satellite programs
• Prior experience with AFOTEC (Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center) or similar Government system-level test and certification processes and activities
• Knowledge of A2100 spacecraft including integration and test and on orbit checkout
• Experience as a Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Delegate CPE for system or subsystem
• Cost Account Management (CAM) experience
• Extensive experience in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Integration
• Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills including integrating complex information and summarizing to a broad spectrum of audiences including technical and non-technical personnel
• Demonstrated experience in leading diverse engineering team members to achieve programmatic objectives within schedule and budget constraints
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related technical discipline
• DOD Interim Secret Clearance or above
• Considered an expert authority in Systems Engineering or Systems Integration
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.