Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Lockheed Martin Space Advanced Programs' mission is to successfully extend and evolve new business in all aspects of end-to-end systems by leveraging diverse skills and profound mission understanding. The Advanced Programs Intelligence Systems (APIS) group is studying advanced ground processing techniques that enable next-generation payload architectures. The Advanced Programs RF (APRF) group is building demonstration systems for next-generation antennas and advance digital payloads while also studying future constellation architectures. The Advanced Programs Remote Sensing (APRS) group is studying next generation sensing architectures that leverage cutting edge technologies to bridge existing and future capability gaps.
Our team is responsible for advancing machine learning and cognitive processing techniques for use in next-generation payload applications. Our objective is to build and deploy a simulator to run demonstrations which prove specific mission benefits. The team also works with stakeholders in multiple sites to understand operational CONOPs and ensure operational acceptance.
As a Systems Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work with the customer and other stakeholders to fully define a demonstration system that prove specific mission benefits
- Work with internal and external customers to develop requirements, verification plans, interface definition and establish CONOPS
- Be called upon to support proposals for future designs
This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission spaces and payloads.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or a related discipline
- Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or Test Engineering
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Design from preliminary to detailed design development and the corresponding reviews, specifically with software or electrical hardware systems
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment and to effectively communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders about complex non/technical issues
- New technology development
- Microsoft office suite, Microsoft Visio, IBM Rational DOORS
- Experience with variety of RF payload architectures at the system level
- Machine learning
- Agile development
- Technical presentations and ability to write technical papers
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.