Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Are you an innovative engineer, passionate about process improvements, and looking for a challenging role that would afford you the opportunity to support the Chief Systems Engineer and the Critical Design Review (CDR) campaign lead? If so, we want you to join the team that is delivering Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites and providing precision navigation and timing to the world. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing an innovative way to host chartless CDRs.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
• Generate data packages for the customer, work with subsystem engineers, and provide status for management and customer
• Be the program liaison to the Mission Success Independent Review Board to ensure necessary data is provided
• Support the execution of GPS major review campaigns, for example, by providing coordination, product reviews, and objective evidence for events such as CDRs, Mission Success Critical Systems Review, and Hardware Acceptance Reviews
• Assist with product sell-off by generating verification evidence, authoring test reports, and supporting end item data package development
• Draft, review, and release trade studies, specifications, program plans, technical memos, and other products in support of design reviews and contract work products
• Develop method for chartless CDR presentations
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field
• Ability to decompose assignments into a sequence of tasks and execute to closure
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Project leadership
• Presentation experience
• Oblong presentation tool
• MS Access
• Prior exposure to major systems engineering design reviews such as SRR, PDR, CDR
• Mass, Power/Thermal Control Board experience
• Test Report generation
• Peer Review Moderator
• Strong social skills including public speaking and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Active Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.