Lockheed Martin Systems Integration and Test Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
This System Integration and Tetst Engineer Staff Position supports the Weapon System Booster Integration Team and Manager by performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specifictaion generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables. Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion System.
In this role the candidate will plan, implement, test, document, and maintain solutions for the integration and testing of components, elements, subsystems and/or systems.
Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Reviews, evaluates and derives requirements for the development of a comprehensive test plan, procedures and schedules for complete systems and/or subsystems. Conducts Test Readiness Reviews and supports other major program reviews. Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
Desired Skills: - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal and external customers
- Proficiency with standard documentation and program or be a current CTC
- Experience with Conops for the US Air Force Weapon Systems Programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Knowledgeable of SSC’s Certified Test Conductor (CTC)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
- Experience with Automation Framework (AF)
'- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experiance/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree.
- Considered an Emerging Authority in Propulsion Engineering
- Working knowledge of test engineering processes to include preparation of a Program Master Test Plan
- Must be familiar with integration and testing hardware at component and system level
- Active Secret Clearance
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals
- Knowledge of Requirements development and management
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering associated with missile systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.