Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineering Mgr, R&D in Louisville, Colorado
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Louisville, CO ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you interested in joining us as a Electronics Engineering Manager ? Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Join our Electronics Design group at the Coherent Technologies location in Louisville, CO as part of the Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center. This group operates in a rapid development environment providing total life-cycle support for electronics systems used for ground, air, and space applications, especially for cutting-edge lasers and laser imaging. The group is responsible for both research and development projects as well as flight systems.
In this role, you will:
• Provide functional and program support leadership to the Electronics Design Engineering team through all project phases including Concept Development, Requirements Generation and Analysis, Preliminary Design, Critical Design, Production Readiness, Test Readiness, Design Qualification, Requirements Verification, Production, Formal Acceptance, Delivery, Installation and Product Support.
• The expected product support activity will range from electro-optic drivers, laser diode control, digital and analog servo control, focal plane array processing and power supply design. Dependent on program requirements, some designs will involve full product life cycle support from initial design to prototype through CDR and flight unit builds. It is expected that you will provide technical leadership in resolving and closing technical issues, as well as oversight of anomaly, discrepancy, and failure reviews.
• You will also provide overall project management to the team to meet budget, performance, and product delivery schedules and will be supporting various Lines of Business (LOB’s) and Program Offices by preparing and communicating status on activities, including technical, cost and schedule performance metrics. Additional responsibilities include the generation of hardware design and development proposals and the support of technical reviews for Make/Buy decisions.
• Your responsibilities also include the annual Performance Management process, beginning with the establishment of clear objectives, monitoring of performance throughout the year, and culminating with detailed Performance Assessments documenting performance and recommended areas of improvement at the end of the cycle.
You will typically have:
• 10+ years of professional experience for this role.
• A willingness to obtain a TS/SCI w/Poly security clearance. Thus you are a citizen of the United States .
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and valued
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• A minimum of 10 years of electronics hardware design, development and test experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of proven project leadership in electronics hardware design and development for missile, space, or equivalent high reliability applications.
• Must be experienced with generating detailed proposal cost and/or schedule estimates.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills are required, with an ability to address diverse audiences, such as customer reviews, management meetings, etc.
• Experience in leading a team including hiring and reduction in force
• Experience developing electronics for laser control and laser imaging applications
• Experience developing digital and analog control systems
• Familiarity with optics theory and practice
• Experience in a rapid-development research environment
• Previous Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) certification/experience
• Experience with advanced part, sub-circuit, and circuit modeling, including radiation degradation, cable effects, and transmission line considerations
• Experience with Analog, Digital, HDL, and software design.
• Experience with Printed Wiring Board (PWB/PCB) layout, Circuit Card (CCA) Build, Integration, and Test
• Experience performing rigorous Worst Case Analysis (WCA) including end of life, temperature, radiation, and other de-rating techniques.
• Experience leading rigorous failure analysis via formal failure review boards.
• Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• DoD and/or SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.