Lockheed Martin Aircraft Maintenance Unit Mgr, F-35 Program in Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Description: Provides the direct management of aircraft production and sets maintenance priorities. Integrates with the host squadron’s leadership, advises host squadron of schedule requirement and production issues as they pertain to the F-35 aircraft. Supervises daily maintenance and flying operations. Attend daily maintenance and flight operations meetings as required. Review completed work orders and accomplishes Aircraft Safety of Flight Releases. Ensure workforce follows appropriate technical instructions, Air Force Instruction 21-101, and local operating instructions. Advises management of status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Physical Requirements: Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist..
- Must have at least an Interim Secret Clearance AND must maintain a security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts dependent on mission requirements or customer needs.
- Must be able to perform short notice travel for business, Temporary Duty (TDY), and extended TDY to support program, mission or customer requirements.
- Candidate must be able to deploy to various locations for recovery, launch and repair of aircraft. Candidate may be required to work multiple F35 Aircraft Maintenance Units as per mission requirements.
- 10 years minimum fighter aircraft maintenance experience with thorough understanding of Fighter Aircraft Systems and flightline operations.
- 8 years minimum experience as a supervisor/manager in an aircraft maintenance and flightline environment.
- Experience with such programs as Aircraft Scheduling/Records Management, Job/Maintenance Control, Configuration Control, Maintenance Information System, Tool and FOD, Training, Safety, Security, Hazardous Waste Management or Supply Chain Management.
- F-35 or Fifth generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) or Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) experience
- Understanding of USAF Maintenance Practices
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for coordinating with Field Service Representatives, and Maintenance Managers on schedules, aircraft status and issues as they occur.
- Effective communication skills for coordination at all levels throughout the USAF Wing structure to include Operations, Maintenance, and Logistics Support Managers
- Ability to lead diverse workforce
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop and present formal briefings and presentations.
- Ability to develop necessary maintenance plans and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of USAF AFI 21-101
- Ability to develop work schedules and assign tasks.
- Experience providing On-the-Job Training to other managers and/or maintainers as required.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.