Lockheed Martin Sr. Database Administrator / Williamtown, Australia in Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
Description: Database Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for Royal Australian Air Force located in Williamtown, Australia.
Database Administrator for an operating unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system.
The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database
Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates). Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to the ship during embarked squadron flight, evaluation, and maintenance activities.
- Must be willing to travel, to include CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
- Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment
- The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful receipt of Program Special Access clearances AND completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations prior to international assignment. Training will occur primarily at Luke AFB in Glendale, AZ. Other locations may include but are not limited to: Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
- Work Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia / RAAF Base Williamtown. The OCONUS locale: Newcastle, Australia's seventh largest city, is only 100 miles north of Sydney. It is located in the heart of the Hunter Region and is bordered by a stunning coastline with beautiful beaches.
All within an hour's drive, Newcastle is ideally located to access amazing beaches in Newcastle and Port Stephens; world-class wineries in the Hunter Valley; a world-heritage listed rainforest, Barrington Tops; Australia's largest salt water lake, Lake Macquarie; and some of the world's most famous horse studs in the Upper Hunter.
- Relocation: Relocation is available for this exciting international assignment
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance and Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & Verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to Multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active US DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold a US DoD Top Secret clearance and Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700 -1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
8) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
9) Travel outside the local region is anticipated and will include USAFand RAAF bases CONUS/OCONUS locations in support of requirements.
10) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telcons or VTCs with external agencies.
11) Deployment and continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the OJT required at Lockheed Martin’s training locations prior to international assignment. These locations may include but are not limited to: Luke AFB, AZ; Nellis AFB, NV, Hill AFB, UT; Eglin AFB, FL; Edwards AFB, CA; Fort Worth, TX; Orlando, FL; Yuma, AZ; Beaufort, SC.
12) Successful candidate must be capable of passing USN medical, dental and overseas screening requirements and must maintain their medical fitness for this position as a condition of employment.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
5) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric architecture (Zoning, logical unit number (LUN) Masking, and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware.
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc), Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols.
c) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks.
d) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
e) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
f) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Media.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.