Lockheed Martin Associate Manager, Contracts in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Serves as a contracts associate manager in the Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) market segment of the Rotary and Mission Systems C6ISR line of business. The position is based in Manassas, Virginia, although ASW programs and contracts professionals are located in Manassas, Virginia, Syracuse, New York, and Owego New York. The candidate will serve as an advisor to program management and finance teams, as well as to personnel from other functional areas (i.e., legal, supply chain, pricing, etc.). Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Reviewing and approving contracts work product such as proposals, contracts, terms and conditions, and modification documents.
• Ensuring that contracts are negotiated and administered in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, statutory laws, and Lockheed Martin policies and procedures
• Reviewing and evaluating customer requests for proposal and revisions to contracts.
• Developing and executing negotiation strategies.
• Providing contractual guidance to junior employees.
• Preparing and presenting briefings to management and customers, and working with team members to do the same.
• Understanding, communicating, and implementing strategic initiatives across the team.
• Coordinating personnel matters, such as employee recruitment, selection, training, work assignments, performance assessments, salary, and recognition/ disciplinary actions.
• Developing productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Traveling to other Lockheed Martin sites as needed.
The successful candidate must possess or be able to demonstrate the following:
• Possession of at least a U.S. Government SECRET security clearance.
• Broad knowledge and experience with all phases of contracts management.
• Knowledge of and comfort working with a wide range of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FPI, FFP, T&M, and IDIQ.
• Extensive experience with U.S. Government procurement regulations (i.e., FAR and DFARS) and agency-specific procurement regulations (i.e., NAVSEA).
• Ability to communicate and establish strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Managerial or other significant leadership experience, both in team and one-on-one settings.
• Experience in all aspects of the contract life cycle including proposals, administration throughout performance, and contract close-out.
• Ability to influence positive business outcomes with fact, reason, and the ability to convey the company’s positions through exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand core financial and business concepts.
• Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• U.S. citizenship.
It is desired that the successful candidate possesses or is able to demonstrate the following:
• Virtual team management experience.
• Experience with international contracting and/or commercial contracting.
• Experience as a Full Spectrum Leader.
• Advanced educational degree(s), such as JD or MBA.
• Professional certifications, such as Certified Federal Contracts Manager.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.