Lockheed Martin Courseware and Training Manager in Manassas, Virginia
Description: The selected candidate will serve as a first line manager (FLM) responsible for providing technical and functional leadership to a team of Training Professionals to ensure successful execution to cost, schedule, and work product commitments. Position includes ability to coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Duties will include:
• coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, and recognition/disciplinary actions
• adhere to established overhead targets
• define annual training and capital requirements
• collaborate with Engineering Project Managers, Program Managers, and other line managers to plan and execute personnel assignments to match staffing demands
• contribute to or lead cost estimating efforts with demanding schedules, including both competitive proposals and on-contract-growth ECPs, and ROMs.
• drive technical excellence, affordability, and continuous improvement while supporting program execution and adherence to engineering development processes, and promoting focus on customer value
• employing Agile development principles and techniques
• proven ability to interface with all levels of management to include government program offices
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• proven technical leadership skills with ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments
• prior engineering management experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and employee development and mentoring
• demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
• Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
• Proposal development experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) development
• experience working in technical teams across a virtual environment
• experience working logistics programs development through sustainment
• earned Value Management experience
• proven experience in Agile Product Development
• Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
• strong technical background in software engineering or related field
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.