Lockheed Martin Facilities Engineering Manager in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Manage a staff of facilities engineering employees to support operations at a 1.2 MSF industrial site in Manassas, VA, and provide engineering support as needed to other smaller owned/leased sites. Responsibilities include:
• Round-the-clock facilities systems engineering & controls support to the Manassas site with zero negative business impacts & no unscheduled shutdowns.
• Operational oversight of all Manassas facility systems including buildings, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, controls, security & fire alarm
• Space planning & management services as required to optimize use of existing space to support business requirements while minimizing costs. Drive efficient, cost effective space utilization and ensure early identification of space requirements
• Oversee engineering & design services required for new construction, consolidation and optimization of existing space to support business requirements. Support other RMS sites with facilities engineering & design services as required.
• Lead the development and execution of capital, overhead and long range plans for Manassas & C6ISR reporting sites
• Proactively engage site senior leadership and employees to provide facility updates via town hall style meetings, social media and other communication channels
• Support implementation of new corporate and RMS initiatives including LM Buildings modules and precision maintenance programs.
• Meet or exceed all overhead and capital financial commitments while completing projects on time and within budget.
• Focus on cost reduction activities yielding tangible results and seek opportunities to drive efficiency throughout the facilities organization
• Meet/exceed all Corporate Go Green metrics (electricity and water consumption, solid waste reduction)
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or architectural discipline & minimum of 10 years
• related professional experience
• Strong knowledge of facilities engineering, operations & maintenance in an industrial environment.
• Strong financial acumen
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Strong leadership skills, especially working with diverse teams and individuals
• Ability to build effective relationships in all levels of the corporation
• LM21 Blackbelt
• 6S experience
• Familiarity with environmental, safety and health aspects of facility operations
• Proven track record as a change agent
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.