Lockheed Martin Facilities Manager in Manassas, Virginia
Description: This position is for a Facilities Manager who leads the Operations & Maintenance programs for infrastructure, systems and equipment used within the 1.3 million square feet facility at the Manassas Va. Campus
This role will utilize strong leadership ability to promote, lead & execute company objectives for all facilities, operations and general building maintenance programs.
This role will lead a cross functional team to implement the maintenance strategy, set the objectives, drive the execution &d deliver the results for all building, services & assets at the Manassas site. This includes implementation & sustainment of a long-term successful maintenance culture & driving successful results in day to day maintenance activities
This role will:
• Report directly to the Site Sr. Facilities Manager to ensure facility services meet the needs of site customers on 24/7 basis
• Manage and ensure compliance with Site Environmental, Health, and Safety standards
• Create, submit, & manage facilities budgets each year per site requirements including facility related capital, headcount, & operational costs
• Be and active & contributing member of the Site Management Team
• Implement a site response plan for all emergency facility related issues 24/7
• Manage team budget, control cost, and manage organization work performance to established metrics
• Oversee Plant Operations & Services contract management service agreements & non-labor cost management.
• Manage organization's Work Planning function balance to available resources
• Manages Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for PM and CM (Corrective Maintenance) work flow, maintenance history records, & warranty tracking
• Manage Maintenance Acceptance Process from Facility Project Program, so assets are incorporated into Preventive Maintenance program with the right level of care that provides best value while maintaining assets in a reliable ready state in accordance with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles
This role will also report through the RMS Operations & Maintenance Center of Excellence Team to define the RMS/Site Maintenance & Reliability Roadmap 2-3 years into the future & be a primary driver behind its delivery & implementation into the Manassas Maintenance Culture. This will include:
• Improving manpower utilization while driving asset reliability to reduce risks and costs
• Ensure Site Asset Management Improvement Programs incl: Asset criticality Identification, Risk Assessment & Mitigation, Asset Condition Auditing, Preventive & Condition Maintenance Programs, Predictive Strategies, & Asset Refurbishment/Obsolescence Plan are being implemented in Manassas with measurable success
• Leading site teams to develop equipment risk assessment techniques for prioritization of resources & how they are managed.
• Implement plans to reduce waste & improve maintenance work wherever feasible; ensuring efficient & reliable operation of plant, process & equipment while protecting & prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost
• Guiding the site on how to improve its functionality including spare parts management, planning/scheduling, & training/certification
• Implementing current & new methodologies, techniques & work practices as they relate to Condition, Preventive & Predictive Based Maintenance
• Reviewing data & information to transition time-based maintenance into Condition-Based Maintenance and/or Reliability Centered Maintenance
• Manage site by utilizing KPI’s, compile/analyze/report data, recognize/implement changes for improvement related to Equipment Reliability
• Implement new IOT technologies (e.g. remote vibration sensing) to assist with Condition Based Maintenance
• Manage site strategic roadmap for CMMS integration with external peripherals such as IOT sensors, building management system data bases, condition tooling software, etc. to drive data capture for real time alert analytics & big data historical analytic initiatives
The candidate will be required to possess key leadership qualities to lead change within a department and drive employee engagement to deliver results
Ability to take ownership and accountability of the overall site Maintenance program while driving and implementing a culture of ownership, accountability and results within the department managed
Excellent customer service skills and ability to interpret needs
Technical degree in a related discipline and/or 5+ years previous work experience with direct leadership in an operations or maintenance environment
Strong familiarity with Infor EAM, Maximo, SAP or a similar Computerized Maintenance Management System with 4+ years working to utilize data analysis to drive reliability in facilities maintenance programs
Demonstrated Management skills and ability to work on and complete multiple projects and meet deadlines
Knowledge of facilities engineering, construction, and maintenance programs, policies and procedures
Technical knowledge of Central Utility Plant, HVAC, controls, electrical, high pressure systems, hydraulics, and exhaust systems
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of personnel including conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Effective oral and written skill including the ability to prepare and present training, project information, and facility status
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or 10+ years previous work experience with direct leadership in an operations or maintenance environment.
Experience with data trend analysis, vibration analysis, motor current analysis, oil analysis, lubrication and hydraulic testing, laser alignment, nondestructive testing, infrared thermography, ultrasound technology, acoustic reliability technology, Weibull analysis, and Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing methodologies
Green Belt Certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.