Lockheed Martin Graphic Design in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Combines art and technology to create visually communicative designs and themes that convey ideas, mood, information and vision. May perform some minor writing and editing; support of proposals and publications, sometimes involving remote site locations, and/or graphic artistry and design for web applications. Implements and adheres to corporate branding standards. Coordinates with team members, vendors or others providing support. May research new or related technologies in modern graphic design and related systems and software.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the design, creation, development and production a variety of graphic and multimedia products that promote the Lockheed Martin mission. Responsible for utilizing a variety of computer software applications and systems to receive and transform graphic data, imagery and text into finished products for dissemination. Also produces storyboards, displays, and creates graphics and animation. Maintains a digital image collection (photographs and video). Experience with all aspects of graphic design production.
• Ability to develop and produce briefing boards, proposal graphics, posters, logos, branding images, and multimedia presentations. Digitally design documents, charts, photos, and diagrams to effectively communicate information in print, web, and multimedia formats.
• Ability to create and design moderately complex products (charts, illustrations, and publications) from rough drafts to create concepts for use in proposals, graphic design products and communications campaign graphics
• Support graphic design mission both at assigned work location, virtually to other locations, and through travel as required
• High degree of proficiency in computer graphics hardware and software (such as Adobe Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, Flash, MS PowerPoint, and Excel) creating drawings and renderings
• Ability to use word processing software, page-layout, imaging, and illustration applications to receive and construct text, images, and illustrations in prescribed publications ready for print and/or electronic dissemination.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a business environment
• Strong time management skills and flexible work schedule to ensure deadlines are always achieved and expectations are met
• Ability to work effectively within and contribute to a cohesive team; extended work hours may be required during peak demands
• Travel will be required.
• TS/SCI clearance
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule with overtime and travel as needed
• Ability to work within and contribute to a cohesive team
• Some Experience with 3D design and animation
• Some photography / videography experience desirable
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.