Lockheed Martin Inventory Mgnt-Prior Navy supply exp.-Green Belt Training/Certification in Manassas, Virginia
Description: This position will provide technical support for logistics of government owned equipment and material for the Trident Navigation Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provide inventory management for navigation equipment, materials and spares, and process requisitions for fleet support. Maintain Stock Control through SSP Advanced Integrated Logistics (SAIL) system. Utilize the SAIL database and government issued documentation to evaluate revisions to planning factors and schedule estimates pertaining to hardware support; initiate changes to Repair Induction Forecasts (RIF) and replenishments as required. Responsible for assuring inventory sufficiency with respect to mission requirements throughout the life cycle of supported systems. Manages and controls the asset position of customer inventories. Manages inventory to include system stock, repair facilities, and customer locations, including priority interpretation, inventory allocation and asset redistribution as necessary among sources of supply and military operating locations. Forecasts budget requirements; ensures fidelity of asset identification; resolves technical and support problems for assigned classes of items by actively interfacing with engineering; prepares status reports and metrics relating to fleet support.
This position requires direct interface with the US Navy customer, US Navy representatives, subcontractors, and Lockheed Martin management/engineering personnel. Specific qualifications and task requirements include:
• Ability to work independent of direct leadership/supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic teaming environment with the ability to coordinate efforts across multiple logistics and engineering disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with other logistics and engineering disciplines to ensure logistics related issues are addressed and resolved
• Conduct and support on-going meetings and interact directly with US Navy logistics personnel
• Interface with a variety of internal LM and external Government, engineering, logistics, financial and program management disciplines
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management to include spares analysis, forecasting, obsolescence management/tracking and inventory management
• Track and report all Supply metrics
• Develop and perform in depth briefings for both LM senior management and external customers including participation in ad-hoc meetings and program reviews
• Track and manage repairable items through the supply chain providing support to fleet requirements
• Knowledge of logistics, provisioning and maintenance concepts, government property management and military requisitions, logistics supply
• Project leadership experience
• Working in a team environment
• Microsoft Office product knowledge
• Product Life Cycle Management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven multi-tasking skills
• Ability to travel<10%
• Prior Navy supply experience desirable
• Green Belt Training/Certification
• Experience with US submarine supply management system preferably with submarine strategic combat systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.