Lockheed Martin Senior Test Engineer in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Our Lockheed Martin AN/SQQ-89 Systems Engineering, Integration & Test team is looking for a test engineer to support the development, verification and delivery of anti-submarine warfare capabilities to the U.S. Navy.
This position works as part of an agile test team that assists in the development and production of advanced sonar systems and fire control.
• Design, develop, and implement software testing methods and equipment
• Plan and coordinates the labor, schedules, and equipment required for software testing and evaluating standard and special devices
• Provide test area with parameters for sample testing and specify tests to be performed
• Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or testing requirements
• Test all customer samples and conduct additional special tests that cannot be performed in the test area
This is primarily a first-shift position. However, this position may require 2nd/3rd shift support and/or weekend work. Limited travel to support a variety of off-site test events is required.
• Experience developing or performing test solutions to satisfy integrated software functionality
• Experience with developing and enacting written test procedures
• Experience with creating, describing and analyzing software Incident Reports (IRs) and working with software developers toward IR resolution
• Experience with generating and formally delivering test plans and test reports
• Experience with test schedule development that balances personnel, equipment and customer availability
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with peers, managers, and project stakeholders effectively using both verbal and written communications.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• US Navy undersea warfare experience, especially with AN/SQQ-89 operations and its integration with the combat system and combat system elements
• Knowledge in undersea warfare combat management, fire control and weapon employment
• Proficiency with: use of signal generators, spectrum analyzers, electronic multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
• Experience leading teams
• Experience with an Agile Software Development environment
• Experience with automated testing
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.