Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Sr Staff in Manassas, Virginia
Description: LM RMS Manassas, Virginia facility is in search of an experienced hands-on Software Systems Integrator to be the Infrastructure lead on the ACINT Increment 2 program.
The Infrastructure Lead is the primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the program’s development & operations infrastructure. The Infrastructure Lead is responsible for the internal LM development infrastructure and the transition of product from development into operations.
As the SYS Team Product Owner, the Infrastructure Lead is responsible for software building (including configuring the build machine) and working with the team during software installation at the LM Development System, ACINT Development System, and Production System. The Product Owner also works with the Development Teams to ensure the appropriate updates are being introduced to the software baseline and working through any compile issues. For delivered software, the Product Owner also includes Software Configuration Management (CM) and Quality Assurance (QA) in the release process.
• Product Owner for the SYS Team
• Planning, coordination and cost-effective implementation of the Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
• Owning & managing the LM Development Lab
• Maintaining the S/W and H/W development and test environment (test stations, engineering tools, support software, etc.) in coordination with the System Administrator(s)
• Defining and controlling the System Under Test (in coordination with the Test Lead)
• Ensuring that there is always a stable baseline in the master CM branch (Inc1 & 2)
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that the program always has an accurate baseline of its development assets (HW & SW; physical location)
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that all program hardware is tracked for EOS/EOL
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that all program software licenses are tracked (renewal dates, projected renewal costs, where the licenses are deployed, license use statistics, etc).
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that the product baseline is ready for potential deployment at the end of each Cycle; coordinate the details of any such deployments with the customer
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that each Feature claimed as “Done” by a DEV Team has been successfully integrated into the master CM branch
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that the transition from development into operations is always seeking improvements (e.g., automating an increasing amount of the development infrastructure, more automated regression testing, etc)
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that there is sufficient expertise for all the development tools
• Ensuring via the SYS Team that System Administration tasks are performed, including backups and coordination with information security
• Coordinates with the other Leads as needed.
Desired Skills: - Experience with High Performance Computing environments; e.g. HADOOP, Apache SPARK is a plus
- Experience with container technologies; e.g. Docker is a plus
- MATLAB scripting skills are a plus
- Experience with Agile Frameworks; supporting programs of varying sizes and complexity
- Experience with Software Development tools
- Experience with Test Automation Framework.
- Demonstrated leadership
- Strong Systems Software Integration skills; including Linux OS, SW troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Strong SW development experience to read, debug code; Java in particular
- Integration Planning and execution
- Strong organization and estimation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.