Lockheed Martin Sr Systems Engineer / Submarine Sonar / SSN / Manassas, VA in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Working with a large team on the ARCI program responsible for developing the CONOPS for the next generation system using the experience gained while in the Navy.
As part of the Systems Engineering team, working with the CONOPS lead to ensure that the products and capabilities specified for development meet the needs of the sailor. In addition, being part of the Testing/certification environment ensuring that the developed products meet the requirements and the intended use on board the submarine.
May require dockside support for installing new capabilities and some at-sea testing support.
- 5-6 years as an Submarine Sonar Technician (STS) on SSN’s or SSGN’s
- Demonstrated understanding of real world operations and operator actions and requirements during at sea tactical scenarios
- Qualified sonar supervisor
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of Active and Passive sonar operations and performance characteristics
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate via voice and written correspondence
- Appropriate Professional Discretion and interaction with various levels of leadership
- Demonstrated Ability to operate and maintain SSN sonar Suite
- Must have the ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Must have a secret clearance
- Power Point experience, (to include slide development)
- Adobe Photo Shop or Paint Shop Pro experience
- Stood Sonar Supervisor on a deployment
- Other anti-submarine warfare (ASW) community experience, such as Commander Undersea Systems (CUS) and Advanced Capability Build (ACB)
- Responsive training background, such as Modernization Training team (MTT) or, Pre-Deployment Training (PDT)
- 1 full deployment as an operator/ maintainer on an APB-09 or greater system (APB-11+) preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.