Lockheed Martin Sr. Systems Engineer in Manassas, Virginia
Description: As a member of the Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Team, the Systems Engineer (SE) position will support a variety of programs at our Manassas, VA facility. Will be expected to participate throughout the full SE life cycle, including software development and early integration, hardware stand-up, string and system integration, test planning, system certification and sell-off, and system delivery and production support.
This position requires the engineer to:
- Perform functional analysis, design trade studies, requirements definition and allocation, and interface definition
- Translate customer requirements into system specifications
- Support integration and test and evaluate test results
- Investigate discrepancies, provide technical assessment of anomalies, and drive issues to resolution
• Experience with the SE process, including all phases of the development lifecycle
• Experience in detailed software and hardware design/development programs
• Experience in requirements management spanning development, definition, analysis and verification
• Ability to troubleshoot issues, analyze test results, and promptly communicate findings
• Experience in formal documentation development and delivery
• Strong communication skills (both oral & written) to support regular presentations and documentation needs
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance
• Experience with engineering tools (e.g., MATLAB, DOORS, MagicDraw, Rhapsody)
• Experience with Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development and role in Systems Engineering
• Experience in agile software development methodologies
• Experience with software integration, and testing
• US Navy / Anti-Submarine Warfare experience, including sonar, sensors, weapon control
• Experience with US Navy customer/user interaction
• Experience with US Navy DDG/CG platforms
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.