Lockheed Martin Systems Administrator Senior Level in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Work in Manassas Virginia where Rotary and Mission Systems performs on a variety of Undersea Systems programs. Operate in a dynamic environment and interact with all levels of organization hierarchies
• Use monitoring tools, trouble-ticketing systems to coordinate scheduled and un-scheduled outages
• Perform duties in accordance with customer policies and principles
• Communicate with existing monitoring teams to enhance end to end monitoring capability of health and status and dataflow
• Document specific alerts for each system during instrumentation to develop accurate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Understand and improve critical dataflow paths
• Gain granulated understanding of multiple critical system dataflow and identify points for improvement
• Aid in developing metrics that report on system status
• Generate Functional Dataflow Document (FDDs) to capture hardware, software and datapath dependencies for each critical system
• Ensure data compliance among critical infrastructure
• Suggest avenues for better efficiency by design, requirement, script, etc.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
• Configure and manage UNIX, Windows, Linux (or other applicable) operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
•Proficient with Windows and Linux operating systems (RHEL, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Solaris)
•Candidate must have Security+ certification on start date.
•Candidate must be willing to work weekends.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
•Candidate must have the ability to work in a team-oriented setting or independently as required to achieve goals and objectives in a fast paced schedule driven environment.
•Ability to obtain an active DoD Top Secret clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
•Experience using NetApp configuring and setting up file shares
•RedHat Certified System Administrator
•Microsoft Certified System Administrator
•Experience with Cisco Network Devices
•Experience working on Dell PowerEdge series Servers
•Familiarity with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
•Experience using RMF and securing systems to meet STIG requirements
•Experience with the administration and configuration of Security policies as related to both Windows and Linux servers (CISSP certification a plus)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.