Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr / Manassas, VA in Manassas, Virginia
Description: Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) in Manassas, Virginia is looking for a Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer to support the integration of software solutions for military Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platforms.
The job will include working with multiple disciplines in support of on and off site integration and testing, SW Certification, development, planning and execution of string and system integration plans, performance verification test authoring and execution, problem adjudication and resolution, and fleet installation and support, all for the successful integration of new capabilities into the platforms.
- Experience with hardware and software development, problem analysis and resolution, undersea systems and IP networking
- Working knowledge of underwater acoustic processing systems to include array to system interfaces and the integration between traditional sonar systems and on-board IP-based systems
- Strong systems engineering skills with a demonstrated understanding of the system life-cycle and hardware/software disciplines
- Technical team participation and the ability to perform system design analysis, create string and system test plans, implement correct system configuration of hardware and software, execute debug and test of system capabilities, and recommend and test technical solutions to system defects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Also requires the applicant to be able to quickly adapt to changing requirements and customer needs and to be able to assess the impact to the system due to the changes
- Must be able to apply latest technological advances to ensure efficiency of the integration and test program (automated test tools, desktop testing, Agile development and test, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of acoustic signal processing
- Background in undersea systems and USS Submarine platforms
- Proven experience working on complex systems
- Hands-on experience with networking components
- Ability to architect solutions to increase system reliability to meet system level capabilities
- Willingness to do local travel to customer sites
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.