Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Mgr in Marietta, Georgia
Description: The successful candidate for this position will manage efforts and lead staff delivering Lockheed Martin (LM) Aeronautics' Sustainment Experience Group implementations. The Sustainment Experience group is responsible for providing solutions to the Aero Sustainment organization to increase the effectiveness and affordability of sustaining aircraft deployed to the customer (F-35, F16, F-22, C-130, U-2, and others). This position is a Leadership role, reporting through both the LM Aeronautics Information Technology (Aero IT) and the LM Enterprise IT Digitization, Engineering and Operations organizations. Work location is at the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Fort Worth site. Limited travel requirements are anticipated.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership of staff, who perform the development and support efforts, toward performance excellence, including mentoring and coaching on best practices.
- Staff development (performance management, merit, promotions, etc.) and policy compliance, as well as all aspects of staff hiring, resource planning, & assignments.
- Staff training and skill development to ensure required skills are available and deployed as needed.
- Ensure that teams are adhering to Agile fundamentals and maximizing productivity through sound Agile practices Responsibilities Customer and stakeholder engagement
- Prioritize (jointly with customers) new requests against existing backlogs
- Communicate decisions, priorities, and other relevant cross-product initiative information to appropriate stakeholders
- Aggregate and report team-level metrics to leadership and stakeholders
Must be a US Citizen.
- Demonstrated experience working with business communities to develop and deploy business solutions.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical teams to develop, release and support deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Staff management (performance management, merit, promotions, hiring, training skill development, etc.).
- Experience leading a diverse team with multiple components across geographic locations.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience mentoring and coaching.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate effectively across both Information Technology and Business Functional organizations.
- Experience with budget management and scheduling.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.