Lockheed Martin Associate Mechanical Engineer in Marion, Massachusetts
Description: The candidate for this role is expected to apply mechanical engineering principles to implement engineered solutions for Lockheed Martin. In this role the engineer will support multiple product platforms from commercial to defense and ranging in lifecycle from Research and Design to Steady State Production. This will include supporting the engineering MRB team for multiple programs. Updating, maintaining and creating TPDs and other technical documentation to support program activities, developing solid models in CREO and interfacing with cross functional teams locally and at sites across Lockheed Martin.
The position will require the individual to contribute to the Engineering and Technology (E&T) efforts; such as peer reviews, design reviews, DFX meetings and group discussions on technical aspects of the design. The individual will be expected to interface with groups within the E&T organization as well as across the company. The candidate will need to be able to work independently to complete designs often working with oversight from a senior or principle mechanical engineer. Ongoing job responsibilities include:
• Design components and electromechanical assemblies using commodities including sheet metal, machined components, plastics, die casting, weldments, cable harness and others.
• Provide technical experience for design and manufacturing related matters
• Contribute to mechanical design and associated program deliverables on subassemblies or small self-contained systems including DFX, packaging, and system testing.
• Design and release of new drawings to meet internal and external commitments.
• Update and modify existing drawings and the subsequent release of those changes in the Lockheed Configuration Management Tool.
• Update program management on project progress and roadblocks.
• Responsible for supporting design validation efforts.
• Contribute to cost/benefit trade-off analysis and feasibility studies.
• Develop and implement new fixtures and tooling
• Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approach
• Support product lifecycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
• Review hardware parts for obsolescence and identify suitable replacements.
• Mechanical related failure analysis of hardware.
• Ability to effectively use CREO design software.
• Knowledge of several areas of Mechanical Design Principles and analysis
• Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Project, and Outlook).
• Ability to travel up to 15%, both international and domestic.
• Experience with developing hardware for underwater applications
• Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment as well as within a cross functional team.
• Experience with CM tools as well as writing and implementing Change Notices and Change Requests
• Experience with DFX
• Good Oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.