Lockheed Martin Engineering Proj Mgmt Stf in Marion, Massachusetts
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary Mission Systems (RMS) business is anticipating a need for a highly motivated staff level (level 4) Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
The candidate will function as an Engineering Program Management (EPM).
Job duties will include, but not be limited to, schedule development and maintenance, cost management, task management, leading root cause analysis on customer issues, managing resources and supporting bids and proposals. The position will require the individual to hold a major contributing role within the overall Engineering and Technology organization; as such he/she will be expected to prepare and present materials for peer reviews, design reviews, DFMEA discussion, DFX meetings and group discussions on technical aspects of the design. The individual will be expected to work cross functionally within the Engineering and Technology organization as well as across the company. The candidate will need to be able to work independently to complete tasks. Ongoing job responsibilities include:
• Act as the overall Point of Contact between the Engineering & Technology organization and the program, covering all Engineering & Technology disciplines.
• Ensure that the program’s technical resource needs are met
• Be responsible for overall Engineering & Technology cost, schedule, and technical program performance.
• Track Estimate-to-Complete (ETC) / Earned Value Management (EVM) / Metrics to track program performance and identify technical or Engineering & Technology staffing risks.
• Be responsible for the identification and closure of technical issues.
• Document, track, and maintain the requirements baseline.
• Participate in Risk and Opportunity management.
• Report status and issues for Engineering & Technology activities to Program Management and Engineering & Technology functional management.
• Communicate/escalate unresolved Engineering & Technology conflicts, issues, dependencies, and concerns.
• Provide technical experience for design and manufacturing related matters
• Review and develop product validation and verification plans at all product levels and ensure customer and internal requirements are met. Responsible for implementing this plan and identifying resources to support the plan.
• Conducts cost/benefit trade-off analysis and feasibility studies.
• Support product life cycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
• Management and drive Failure Review Board (FRB) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities
• Drive test and integration activities and issue resolution
• A demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately drive actions to closure.
• Ability to effectively present to internal and external customers.
• Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Project, and Outlook).
• Ability to travel up to 15%, both international and domestic.
• Working knowledge of EVMS tools
• Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment as well as within a cross functional team.
• Good Oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.