Lockheed Martin Lead System Engineer in Marion, Massachusetts
Description: The Submersibles & Sensors market segment is anticipating the need for a highly skilled Staff level Systems Engineering Lead to join our rapidly growing team in Marion, MA. This role would support future work anticipated in Q1 of 2019 on US Navy programs.
The candidate needs to be a very strong technical leader and have significant experience with executing and managing the systems engineering lifecycle including requirements analysis, development and derivation, design oversight to ensure compliance to requirements, integration and qualification testing (IV&V), followed by introduction of final products into production and production support.
It is essential that the candidate have demonstrated experience as a Control Account Management (Earned Value) for defense contracts managing technical scope, schedule, and budgets. These responsibilities include schedule planning and execution, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis and resultant corrective action, and estimating costs at completion.
The successful candidate will be proficient in communicating upward to program leads and senior managers, but also downward, to the individual contributors on the team being led. The candidate must be highly engaged with program leaders, the engineering teams/IPTs, customers, and other services impacting development and test such as drafting, sourcing, safety, manufacturing, etc. Additionally, the person must have great foresight concerning future tasks, so as to keep the team focused and functioning in the most effective manner.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems RMS, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Prior System Engineering experience on DoD and international type programs leading multidisciplinary teams
- Prior experience writing/developing/deriving functional/non-functional and performance requirement baselines for a system.
- Prior experience leading, executing, and overseeing the technical scope of System Engineering life-cycle and tracking progress via TPMs and other metrics
- Prior experience with Specialty Engineering related to IA, ILS, RMA, Safety, etc.
- Prior experience as a Cost Account Managing (CAM) using Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to establish and track schedules and budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with and present technical scope to senior leadership and customers
- Must have superb written skills and prior experience developing technical artifacts for DoD type programs
- Prior experience developing materials for and presenting at System Engineering Technical Reviews (SRR/SFR/SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR)
- Occasional Travel to customer facilities is required
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a Secret clearance.
- Experience with US Navy Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and Warfare Centers (NUWC)
- Experience defining risks & opportunities for a program
- Familiarity with DoD contracting activities and acquisition life-cycle
- Experience with Requirements Management tools such as DOORS
- Detailed knowledge, analytical skills, and hands-on experience with system design, test, and production.
- Experience with and familiarity with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Experience in Model Based Engineering concepts and tools
- Ability to thrive in multitasking environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.