Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer in Marion, Massachusetts
Description: The candidate for this role is expected to apply the best industry practices to design and implement engineered solutions for Lockheed Martin. This will include participating in design best practice efforts including FEA, thermal analysis, structural analysis, fluid mechanical analysis, as well as others. The position will require the individual to contribute to Engineering and Technology (E&T) efforts; including peer reviews, design reviews, DFMEA discussion, DFX meetings and group discussions on technical aspects of the design. The Engineer will be expected to lead the design effort for system sub-assemblies or potentially for small self-contained systems. The individual will be expected to interface with groups within the E&T organization as well as across the company. The candidate will need to be able to work independently to complete design often with oversight from a senior or principle mechanical or systems engineer. Ongoing job responsibilities include:
• Designs components and electromechanical assemblies using commodities including sheet metal, machined components, plastics, die casting, weldments, cable harness and others.
• Provides technical experience for design and manufacturing related matters
• Contributes to mechanical design and associated program deliverables on subassemblies or small self-contained systems including DFMEA, DFX, packaging, and system testing.
• Design and release drawings to meet internal and external commitments.
• Updates program management on project progress and roadblocks.
• Responsible for supporting design validation efforts.
• Contributes to cost/benefit trade-off analysis and feasibility studies.
• Develop and implement new fixtures and tooling
• Demonstrate manufacturing feasibility and technical justification for selected design approach
• Support product lifecycle management ushering a product from concept through production implementation.
Desired Skills: • Experience with developing hardware for underwater applications
• Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment as well as within a cross functional team.
• Working knowledge of design analysis tools like FEA and thermal analysis.
• Experience with CM tools as well as writing and implementing Change Notices and Change Requests
• Experience with DFMEA and DFX
• Good Oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Expert with CREO design software.
• Knowledge of several areas of Mechanical Design Principles and analysis
• Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, Visio, Project, Outlook).
• Ability to travel up to 15%, both international and domestic.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.