Lockheed Martin RF Engineer in Marion, Massachusetts
Description: Lockheed Martin is in search of a skilled radio frequency multi-disciplinary engineer capable of providing independently developed designs under the guidance of senior project management and senior RF leadership for a multi-disciplinary team. Duties include system and board level design, electronic assembly and system test. Designs include active electronics, antenna couplers, broadband and narrowband matching networks, antennas, LNAs, etc.
Tasks include field strength calculations, noise prediction analysis, link budget stack ups, antenna pattern analysis, compliance with VSWR requirements, antenna range testing, test fixture designs, and writing test procedures. This job requires occasional international field service travel. The candidate should enjoy hands-on aspects of engineering as much as theoretical, and be effective at directing and working with technicians.
Our location is Marion, MA. We are anticipating the need for additional staffing due to possible work in quarter 3 or 4 of 2018. This role in the Rotary and Mission Systems business area offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to and grow with a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess, diversity of product offerings, and robust solutions.
Outstanding written communication skills are essential. Occasional overtime and some travel are required.
• US Citizenship
• RF and analog coursework
• Detailed knowledge, analytical skills, and hands-on experience with RF, analog, and electronic system design
• Understanding of basic mechanical concepts
• Electronic packaging techniques
• Capability to work in small team developing multi-unit systems which may include major mechanical, electrical and electronic units
• Should be familiar with general and RF test equipment and techniques and detailed analog, digital and RF design for military applications
• Design, troubleshooting, and testing skills
• Requires capability to establish and track schedules, budgets, and interfaces with military customers, vendors, and subcontractors for major components or sub-systems
• Must have superb written and verbal communication skills, with the capability of contributing to proposal developments and customer presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment
• Ability to thrive in multitasking environment, supporting multiple programs simultaneously
• History and willingness to follow instructions
• RF Modeling and simulation experience
• Ansys HFSS
• Agilent Genesys
• A good understanding PCB Layout for RF circuits
• NEC4.1 and/or other RF modeling, simulation, and design tools
• PSPICE (or equivalent)
• Familiarity with Clearcase
• Familiarity with EPDM
• Effective presentation skills
• Test engineering skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.