Lockheed Martin Field Engineering Site Lead in Melbourne, Florida
Description: • Interfaces and coordinates with appropriate military personnel at the designated operating locations to ensure all elements of the Persistent Surveillance Systems-Tethered (PSS-T) statement of requirements are met. These include but are not limited to site force protection, communications interface, operational tempo and general CONOP requirements, personnel housing and life support issues, time card, team building, individual mentoring, logistics coordination and other duties as required by the customer. Will ensure that the PSS-T crew members are integrated into unit operational, emergency, and evacuation plans. Delegates authority as necessary to ensure off shifts and special activities such as network operations and logistics support operations are manned and attended on a 7 X 24 basis.
• Supervisor/Site Lead will be responsible for coordinating work assignments, technical training, product briefing with customers and interfacing with appropriate military personnel at the designated operating locations to ensure all elements of the
PSS-T statement of requirements are met. This includes but is not limited to site force protection, communications interface, execution of directions by the Tactical Operations Center (TOC), operational tempo and general CONOP requirements, personnel housing and life support issues, logistics coordination and other duties as required by the customer and PSS-T management. Site Leads will delegate authority as necessary to ensure site logistics support operations attended to and managed as mission requires.
• Supervisor/Site Lead have the responsibilities of enforcing Lockheed Martin company policies and procedures and ensure that employees comply and abide with the Company Rules of Conduct. Each Site Lead will be held accountable for Performance Management/LM Commit process, using the necessary tools to document, access and communicate employee performance. Each will practice effective Employee Relations and address misconduct and performance issues in compliance with company policies. Site Leads are responsible to ensure accurate labor charging and that each employee properly records all hours worked prior to approval of employee’s timecard.
• Supervisor/Site Leads are responsible for the supervision and reports on training of PSS-T crew members through the use of OJT and will enforce the timely completion of all company compliance training courses.
• Supervisor/Site Lead has unique leadership skills, and an ability to foster good relationships with the customer, build strong team relationships and oversee site operations. Most importantly they should all share a passion for achieving mission goals and supporting continued success of the PSS-T program.
Individuals must attend the Army – CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) and successfully complete Customer required pre-deployment physical and dental exams (USCENTCOM MOD 12 w/Tab A)(final medical deployment eligibility determination lies with the clinician providers assigned to the deployment center); prior to traveling into theater.
This assignment supports rotations in the United States and OCONUS to include Southwest Asia. Individual will perform duties while living in austere environments. Mission requirements dictate that Individuals be available for transfer on short-notice to work locations throughout the world.
Total compensation will vary upon rotation assignment.
Ability to successfully complete customer required pre-deployment physical and dental exams in accordance with USCENTCOM MOD 12 w/Tab A (final medical deployment eligibility determination lies with the clinician providers assigned to the deployment center)
The physical demands of this position and the operational requirements of the equipment can be substantial. Position often requires working in extreme temperatures, at heights greater than 15 feet, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, and working in confined spaces while wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Qualifying candidate will have supervisory/leadership experience, technical expertise with aerostat hardware, or tactical ground based ISR experience. A40 series level or greater within any U.S. Army MOS (Senior Non-Commissioned, Technical Chief Warrant Officer) or any military branch equivalent. In addition to years of experience, individual will be certified with one of the following:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Truck Mechanic
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) General Mechanic 3
Qualifying candidate will additionally require previous training in UTAMS, Kestrel, HARC, MS Series, E-UGS, and TCDL.
Proficient with the MS Office Suite and all common Windows OS.
Effective oral and written communications skills
Candidate must have a minimum 4 years hands-on aerostat operations and maintenance (O&M) experience.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with required professional experience and specialized training.
Prior PSS-T Leadership Experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.