Lockheed Martin Entry Level Engineering Planner in Moorestown Township, New Jersey
Description: The Engineering Planner Associate will support Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) Global Sustainment Moorestown Technical Publications in planning, development, and delivery of Technical Manuals (TMs) for U.S. Department of Defense programs, such as Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Acquisition (New Construction/Pre-Delivery) and Sustainment (Post-Delivery (IPDA/PSA)), and Vertical Launching System (VLS).
The Engineering Planner Associate will perform administrative duties, technical tasks, and programmatic interactions with customers as directed by functional management and supervisory project staff. The associate will maintain current and accurate Microsoft (MS) Access database records for TMs, utilize MS Access to develop reports for the customer, verify the accuracy of these reports, perform Quality Assurance (QA) reviews on TMs, create and submit all required delivery documentation, and utilize multiple SharePoint sites. In addition, this position will be responsible for understanding and utilizing a MS Access database of all source data utilized for TM updates to create a Bibliography in MS Word, utilizing track changes formatting, which documents all TMs to be updated and the source data to be used for the updates.
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and Access) and Adobe PDF
- Experience inputting data into a MS Access database
- Experience creating MS Access database queries and reports
- Experience with maintaining current and accurate MS Access database records for assets/information
- Experience creating and verifying accuracy of MS Access database reports
- Experience maintaining MS Outlook inboxes, including establishing and updating calendars and distribution lists
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate in writing and in presentations
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a diverse, fast-paced team corporate environment
- Organize effectively, be able to provide accurate and detailed status on tasks
- Work independently, self-starter, ensuring tasks are completed on time without daily monitoring
- Ability to continually identify and recommend process improvements
- Ability to fully comprehend complex procedures and then effectively train teammates
- Ability to ask questions and fully cooperate and contribute within a team dynamic
- The desire to continuously learn within and beyond the basic responsibilities of the job
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks/diverse set of responsibilities simultaneously, with short deadlines, and prioritize based on direction or deadline provided
- Experience working in and maintaining folders on a network ShareDrive, utilized within an entire department
- Experience with navigating Sharepoint sites
- Experience performing QA (Quality Assurance)/Editorial reviews
- Experience creating and maintaining Work Instructions and/or Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience coordinating meetings, recording minutes and action items
- Experience with US Navy and/or other military personnel
- Knowledge of and/or experience with processes for development and delivery of TMs or Publications
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, and Access) and Adobe PDF
- Knowledge and/or experience with design and development of MS Access databases
- Experience and knowledge of engineering source documentation
- Experience with coordination and processing high volume of deliverables
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.