Lockheed Martin Mbr Engrg Staff- Mechanical Engineer in Moorestown Township, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
- Responsible for the mechanical design of Radar system equipment including requirements decomposition, concept design, detailed design and analysis, design documentation, procurement support, manufacturing support, test support, and environmental testing of electronic assemblies such as LRUs, Phased Arrays and Cabinets.
- Responsible for electronics packaging design of T/R Modules, Power Supplies, Control Modules, RF/Power/Logic distribution into LRUs and Phased Array Assemblies; design and analysis of air and liquid cooling systems used to cool electronics; design and analysis of antenna structures as part of the overall design of a phased array.
- Responsible for the packaging design, structural analysis and thermal analysis of Receiver/Exciter, Digital Processing and Power Conversion Cabinets and their Subassemblies.
- Responsible for supporting proposals including developing technical approaches and write-ups, generating labor and material cost estimates, generating schedules, and identifying risks, opportunities and risk mitigation strategies.
- Key member of the design team with leadership skills capable of participating in and potentially leading multi-disciplined Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) through hardware development.
- Responsible for providing program status and generating design review material in clear and precise presentations and/or documents for review by management and customers.
- Use engineering solid modeling tools to perform design tasks.
- Self-motivation with leadership and communication skills.
- BS Mechanical Engineering with minimum of 2 years experience in the design and analysis of electronic equipment.
- Experienced in mechanical design, analysis, build and test of hardware.
- Experience presenting project status to technical management, program management and the customer.
- Experienced performing structural analyses (Ansys preferred) and thermal analyses (Ansys, Ansys CFX and Icepak preferred) of electronic equipment, and interpreting analysis results to influence designs.
- Experienced using 3D solid modeling tools (CREO preferred) to develop and iterate complex hardware designs.
- Ability to obtain & maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Self-motivation and leadership skills with demonstrated experience leading working in multi-disciplined teams through hardware development.
- Ability to support proposals including development of technical approaches and write-ups, generating labor and material cost estimates, generating schedules, and identifying risks, opportunities and risk mitigation strategies.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.