Lockheed Martin Cybersecurity Engineer (Mbr Engrg Staff) in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Mission Systems and Training, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This Cyber Security Systems Engineering position will support multiple programs in the Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB).
Assignments will include the development of element and component level requirements, performing requirement analysis (hardware and/or software), developing design documentation, supporting integration and test of cyber security capabilities, evaluating infrastructure design in the area of cyber security, and supporting certification of such systems. Position requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related discipline with two years of professional engineering experience, and proven hands on experience in computing and network infrastructure components and technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of the systems engineering process.
- Demonstrated accomplishments and career growth in the area of computers, networks, infrastructure and cyber security.
- Write technical memos and trade studies.
- Evaluating Linux and Windows computing platform devices, network designs and devices for cyber security vulnerabilities
- Completing cyber security documentation and deliverables (e.g. Risk Management Framework [RMF] materials)
- Report out to program and functional leadership
- May include travel to various sites to support installations, testing, and meetings (DC and VA areas, various shipyards, and US ports) up to 20% of the time
- May include testing at Lockheed Martin sites and the Combat System Engineering Development Site (CSEDS) including nights and weekends.
A thorough understanding of the CISSP domains is required. Position requires candidate be able to pass Security+ or CISSP certification within 9 months of hiring date. Cisco, Linux and/or Windows certification is desired.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in related discipline with two years of professional engineering experience
• Core understanding of security engineering concepts as they relates to the CISSP certification
• Expertise in securing at least one of the following: Linux, Windows, or Cisco
• Thorough understanding of Unix/Linux file system and command line
• Proven experience writing technical memos, trade studies or other engineering documentation
• Security+ or CISSP certification
• Cisco certifications
• Vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools (e.g., ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIG Viewer)
• Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell)
• Knowledge of or experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Experience in COTS based infrastructure systems from requirements to design to integration to sell off
• Requirements analysis
• Other system engineering practices
• Demonstrated sustained technical or project leadership
• Proven communication skills up, down and across an organization (e.g., program review presentations, senior leadership discussions and presentations, team meetings, customer meetings)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.