Lockheed Martin Modeling & Simulation Analyst in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Systems analyst for Aegis Weapon System development on a BMD, AAW, IAMD, SUW and/or ASW programs. Use mathematical models and simulation to provide combat system and system of system level analysis to support assessment of design changes. Conduct TPM assessment and root cause analysis in support of program design reviews. Perform trade studies to determine system level impacts of design implementations in element simulations
- Demonstrate understanding of the adversary threat systems, including differences in CONOPS, kinematics and radar return signatures.
- Demonstrate understanding of the major elements within Aegis. Familiarity in the role each element has within Aegis and how changes in each element can affect others.
- Demonstrate understanding of each mission area within the analysis plan.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement systems analysis processes.
- Run Medusa model and demonstrate understanding how the Model works.
- Be knowledgeable of systems requirements specifically the performance and functional requirements against each threat set for each mission area.
- Read C++/Java and run code in debugger.
- Demonstrate ability to identify source of all problems and/or failures, e.g. --- Model; Inputs; Design / requirements.
- Work with element engineers on solutions to issues by creating a Change Request (CR) then peer reviewing design changes with Aegis element and providing timely and pointed feedback.
- Review, update and create scripts in Matlab/Python to extract and/or plot Model performance metrics.
- Utilize appropriate configuration management process for version control of scripts.
- Understand the statistical methods used and the performance requirements.
- Prepare slides for meeting presentations.
- Demonstrate effective communications skills including verbal and written skill sets.
- BS Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related Engineering discipline
- Experience with root cause analysis and methods of applied mathematics
- Proficiency with MATLAB and Python.
- Experience with debugging and computer system performance analysis tools
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Ability to work in fast paced, Agile development environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.