Lockheed Martin Enviornment Health and Safety Engineer in NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
Description: Job Responsibilities:
Successful applicants will possess a demonstrated record of success in Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) excellence from a manufacturing or aerospace environment. The successful candidate will have at least 2 to 3 years of ESH experience in that setting, and have excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills. Knowledge of ESH management systems and safety and environmental regulations required. Prior ESH experience at Lockheed Martin and/or United Technologies is a plus. This is a unique opportunity to work in a challenging business environment with the benefits of a large company
Direct responsibilities include:
• Provide ESH support and training to Sikorsky’s CH53-K Program and facilitate implementation of ESH procedures and ESH management systems as required
• Teach Line Management as well as participate in performing Audits of ESH systems to ensure the Program is compliant to relevant ESH procedures and regulatory requirements
Facilitate site assessments and workplace ergonomic analyses.
• Collect ESH data and report systems metrics for the business.
• Monitor local ESH regulatory requirements to ensure facilities/product centers are compliant with local regulations.
• Facilitate and participate with line management in ESH management system audits and inspections as needed.
• Track and follow-up on ESH related internal audit / ESH inspection corrective and preventive actions.
• Facilitate and participate with line management in ESH incident investigations and root cause analysis.
• Implement Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky ESH Standard Practices and procedures to align with OSHA, EPA, and other government agency regulations.
• Organize, conduct, analyze, and report on all required ESH related drills, inspections, programs, activities, and other requirements as identified in appropriate standards and regulations i.e. Job hazard assessments, chemical inventories, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programs, contingency planning, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), etc.
Desired Skills: Understanding of OSHA requirements as the relate to hangar operations.
Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
Provide training to both hourly and salary staff.
Ability to interact with Sikorsky ESH pros that are based in Stratford and implement Sikorsky level procedures in collaboration with PAX River requirements.
• Experience providing support at Military Bases and/or Military Operations
• Experience leading a team, as well as the proven ability to work effectively within a team environment and matrixed environment.
• Strong ergonomic (human factors) background a plus.
• Good communications skills both written and oral. Must be able to present to internal and external customers, influence outcomes, and effectively engage constituents and their support at all levels of the business.
• Requires a demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interface with top level customers, company personnel, and other external persons.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.