Lockheed Martin Hangar Supervisor, Pax River, 2nd Shift in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Description: Manage and direct a team of at least 15 hourly bargaining unit employees engaged in performing work or activities related to the manufacture and testing of aircraft in Patuxent (Pax) River Naval Air Station (NAS), MD.
This role will:
• Plan and direct department activities necessary to meet the goals of the department and company in accordance with established quality standards.
• Create a work place environment where quality improvement tools are used effectively to achieve “world class” lean manufacturing operations and Enterprise Excellence process objectives.
• Ensure applicable product quality, product safety, and workplace health and safety requirements imposed by customers, government regulations, and company executive management are met.
• Maintain disciplinary and technical control of the operating units.
• Assess training requirements to ensure all direct reports receive appropriate training.
• Require the individual to maintain a broad knowledge of company administration policies, procedures, practices and related manufacturing business concepts and their applications.
• Control cost/budget parameters and schedules.
- Must have BA/BS degree, from an accredited college, in business, production management, and/or equivalent experience and combined education.
- Must have 4-7 years of experience in aircraft manufacturing and/or a maintenance background.
- Must have demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing, and in group sessions as a member or leader.
- Must have experience leading personnel; prefer experience leading bargaining unit personnel.
- Must have experience and demonstrate working knowledge of aircraft maintenance and flight line operations. Rotary wing experience highly preferred.
• Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Pax River, MD and is dependent upon the duration of the CH-53K helicopter test program. The program began operations in Pax River in Q2 2017 and is expected to end in Q4 2019*.
While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
- Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
- Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
- Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
*Based on current test plan schedule.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.