Lockheed Martin HR Business Partner in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Description: Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations.
The successful candidate will partner with the Product Operations, Engineering, and Programs teams to align HR objectives and initiatives to the business needs. The candidate will be an integral part of the aforementioned team and will be instrumental in executing key HR deliverables such as talent acquisition and development, employee engagement and retention, diversity, salary planning, and organizational design. The incumbent will also report in a matrix organization as the onsite labor relations representative supporting the represented population at the Patuxent River and West Palm Beach facilities.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Provide strategic and tactical HR support to the aforementioned employee populations.
• Create and drive programs to increase employee engagement and retention.
• Lead and facilitate change initiatives through the use of HR consultation skills. Advice and counsel managers on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness.
• Counsel Managers and employees on HR procedures, performance, and career planning.
• Effectively execute HR processes including talent acquisition and development, Performance Management, diversity, and compensation programs.
• Partner with employment counsel as appropriate to objectively assess and bring employee relations issues to resolution.
• Coach and train leaders on how to effectively manage employees both represented and non-represented
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Studies, prepares for, and advises on matters pertaining to contract negotiation, grievance cases, arbitrations, conciliations, federal and state labor legislation, etc.
• Represents management in collective bargaining with unions representing company employees.
• Prepares briefs and conducts or participates in the conduct of presentations at hearings.
• Participates in informational programs and preparation of employee handbooks and manuals to effect cooperation and coordination in union-employee management relations.
- Experience supporting executive-level clients
- Knowledge of human resource practices and policies, and applicable state and federal laws.
- A minimum of 5 years of HR experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately.
- Well-developed decision-making, prioritization, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skill across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to foster change and promote and implement improvement and effectively work in a matrix organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• BA/BS degree w/6+ years’ experience
• MA/MS degree w/4+ years’ experience
• Experience as an HR Generalist and or experience in a Human Resources functional area.
• Experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred
• HR site lead experience
• Experience with Labor Relations is preferred
• Experience working at a remote site
• Strong data analytics
• Proven ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.