Lockheed Martin Service Mechanic B, Pax River, 2nd shift in NAS Pax River, Maryland
Prepare, maintain, modify, service and repair complete airframe, engine and accessories, instruments, and other installations and equipment on helicopters at home plants and in foreign or domestic facilities of customers.
• Follow general instructions and standard procedures to correct pre-flight and pilot-reported discrepancies, performing daily checks of all components while helicopter is in flight status.
• Remove, adjust and reinstall any component of aircraft such as landing gear, rotor head, gearbox, engine, etc.
• Maintain assigned helicopter in proper operating condition and check engine accessories and hydraulic, electrical, lubrication, oil, fuel, and radio systems.
• Under direction conduct run-up and check functioning of engine.
• Assist Crew Chief with difficult repairs and adjustments.Follow standard checklist to service helicopters with gas, oil, grease and air.
• Load and unload helicopters for light and heavy hover, mount, track and balance rotor blades, balance heads and move ships as required.
• As needed, assist Crew Chief to provide required support to experimental, functional or support flights to test or demonstrate the integrity of aircraft, systems, missions and/or projects.
• Assist in running tie-down and other ground tests, and perform simple fabrication and assembly operations related to service and repair functions and test installations.
• Perform above duties and responsibilities away from plant when situation warrants.Pursuant to workload requirements or emergency conditions, perform any hangar, field or shop assignments related to aircraft installations, assembly, maintenance or repair.
• Consult Crew Chief or foreman regarding unusual conditions or difficulties.
• As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas and comply with all EH&S procedures.
Requires well-rounded knowledge of structure and operation of all model helicopters including components, systems, engine and accessories.
Work from a variety of drawings and specifications and use precision measuring and testing instrument and gages.
Equivalent to 4 years technical trades training and A&P license.
Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
2 to 4 years of experience
This position requires an A&P license. Successful candidate must acquire an A&P license within 90 days of conditional offer acceptance. Failure to obtain an A&P license will result in withdrawal of the conditional offer.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Pax River, MD.
While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• In addition to the standard Sikorsky personal protective equipment (PPE), all maintenance personnel must be able to wear steel toe safety shoes and wear long pants. Additionally, cranials must be worn outside while working above four feet.
*This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program, which is expected through December 2021*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the Development Flight Center in West Palm Beach, FL to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
Second shift position, but must be willing to work any shift.
*Based on current test plan schedule.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.