Lockheed Martin APA Innovations LoB Lead in New Jersey
Description: Reporting to the Director of APA Innovations (Analytics, PHM & Artificial Intelligence), the APA Innovations Lead for Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business will be responsible for strategy development, customer interaction, partnering discussions, internal/external collaboration and guiding the future of IWSS investments in artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML), PHM, and analytics. Working closely with the technical teams in the organization, the lead will recommend the latest technological solutions for IWSS products. The lead will facilitate technology insertion and rapid prototyping in the respective domains.
The candidate will:
• Have a thorough understanding of IWSS products to ensure strategic insertions
• Have familiarity with IWSS lab environments across all sites, ensuring insertions are facilitated in both classified and unclassified environments
• Connect the IWSS product teams with the applicable and most efficient Analytics, PHM, & AI solutions
• Ensure effective university and small business collaboration for mission success
• Have effective presentation skills to communicate IWSS Analytics, PHM, & AI strategy with leadership and engineers
• Work with Software and Systems Engineering COEs to ensure proper training and staffing of IWSS workforce focused on Analytics, PHM, & AI
• Advanced degree in Science, Math, Engineering or similar discipline
• At least 12 years experience in engineering, science & technology or related discipline
• Demonstrated excellent team building and interpersonal skills, capable of relationship building with key internal and external stakeholders, and employees at all levels and across multiple geographic locations
• Demonstrated business acumen
• Ability to support travel on an as needed basis
• Strong understanding in the application of state-of-the-art technologies in one or more of these areas of interest: Artificial Intelligence, Prognostics and Health Management (PHM), Big Data techniques; Machine Learning/Deep Learning; and Data Analytics
• Established network in the research and technology communities with RMS and LM
• Strong people and technical leadership skill with experience as a team leader
• Proven ability to organize and manage projects
• Exceptional verbal and written skills and ability to present complex technical issues to customers, operational user advocates, and LM management
• Comfortable working in an informal, fast paced, rapid prototyping environment
• Experience with machine learning & digital signal processing (computer vision, software defined radio) libraries
• Experience with traditional robotics problems: motion/path planning, sensor integration/processing, decision making, etc
• Hands-on experience building hardware/software prototypes
• Experience or familiarity with deep learning and/or reinforcement learning
• Experience with GPU development in CUDA or OpenGL
• Experience with software defined radio
• Experience with FPGA firmware development or other embedded platforms
• Experience building a system around software defined radio
• Candidate should have experience with a D/VCS such as git
• Graduate course work in CV/ML/Digital signal processing/Applied Math
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.