Lockheed Martin Engineering Lab Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: This position is for the Manager of the Engineering Development Center (EDC). The EDC is the hardware engineering lab, focused on providing services to support engineering development projects across the spectrum of Technology Readiness Levels from early prototypes through low-quantity initial production. This position includes managing the physical workspace, tools, test equipment, and a team of technicians to support hardware development. The lab manager provides all managerial responsibilities for the team of technicians including assigning staff to projects, providing training, ensuring adherence to processes and procedures, reviewing performance, and mentoring in technical problem solving.
The candidate is responsible for developing cost estimates for assembly labor to support proposals. The candidate is expected to partner with project leads during project execution to ensure the schedule and financial performance of programs, which often includes control account management responsibility.
The EDC is the later stages of a significant transformation to improve the efficiency of operations and the cleanliness and organization of the facility. The candidate is expected to continue to drive this transformation of the lab and lead with an attitude of continuous evolution of the EDC capabilities.
• Experience developing and testing hardware in a fast-paced environment
• Experience leading hardware assembly and integration, including managing a schedule and the resources required to meet that schedule, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, team-building, communication, conflict-resolution, and coaching skills.
• Experience managing a project budget
• Experience developing cost estimates for assembly tasks
• Previous personnel management experience
• Previous lab management experience
• Hands-on experience assembling and integrating hardware
• Additive manufacturing experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.