Lockheed Martin IT Engineering Software Asset Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: This position is for a IT Asset Management Specialist for Lockheed Martin RMS. This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) position has responsibility for successfully maintaining day to day operational support as it relates to Asset Management of systems and peripherals.
This position is member of a small team which is responsible for the successful coordination, documentation and reporting of RMS wide Asset Management activity.
The position will focus on understanding the needs and unique requirements of the Engineering community, and how can RMS integrate IT Asset Management processes and activity to a set of standards and consistency process across RMS and the enterprise. The role will work with Engineering and Technology, Desktop, Server, IT Procurement teams to successfully plan, support, coordinate, and track assets throughout the asset’s lifecycle from procurement to deployment to disposition.
Comfortable working in a software and hardware asset management environment which supports a virtual organization model.
Daily activities also include, but are not limited to data analysis, and reporting; customer service, producing monthly metrics, and maintenance of asset information in asset management databases.
1. Work with Engineering to improve enhance and add value to the IT asset management processes, reporting and systems, making IT asset management an enabler to both the Lab Governance and Software Review Board.
2. Support the effort to inventory and assessment of the Non-core IT assets, while looking at a sustainable asset model
3. Work with Engineering and Applications teams to drive a consistent software asset management model to monitor, measure and maximize the software footprint across RMS and specifically Engineering.
4. Work with the infrastructure Service Teams to support the integration of Asset Management with Service Management Functions
5. Coordinate with Desktop, Server and Engineering team the deployment of the Snow Inventory Agent across the engineering environment and establishment of a consistent process for managing the Inventory Agent across both unclassified and classified environments.
6. Support the development of clear, and normalized CMDB for RMS integration into ServiceCentral (ServiceNow)
7. Data Analytics – Support and develop an analytics model which address RMS Service team needs.
Desired Skills: • Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
• Experience working within or in the RMS business areas
• Demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse team to develop and maintain technical solutions to a wide range of complex problems consistent with organizational objectives and compliant with all Lockheed Martin processes and procedures
• Influencing/negotiating skills
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
• Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate in a virtual team environment
• Commitment to excellence and meeting deadlines.
• Understanding of LM RMS’ processes and procedure, and how they relate to procurement, deployment and disposition of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software
• Basic understanding of LM procurement processes
• Working knowledge of the Engineering & Technology application tools, and the related software licensing terms and condition
• Experience presenting to and working with senior leadership across IT and the RMS business
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Engineering & Technology’s Lab Governance concept and principle as it relates to hardware and software throughout the asset lifecycle
• Experience leading or facilitating large system deployment and integration initiatives
• Experience documenting of Agile and Standard Software Engineer Practices, including the developing and documenting system requirements
• Experience leading the development of interfaces or reporting
• Working knowledge of relational data base design and SQL
• Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities with compliant deployment of software assets.
• Understanding of the software asset management lifecycle activities
• Knowledge of asset management principles to assisting in the development and maintenance of effective asset management processes, procedures and metrics.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate asset inventory levels. Report shortages, overages and all inventory levels monthly for replenishment.
• Ability to create, author and follow processes and report.
• Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Excel to develop reports and charts for data analysis
• Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.