Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer / AGMS / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Candidate will support the AGMS Mission area, including HELLFIRE, JAGM, & Launcher. Successful candidate will support the production operations team in the areas of manufacturing process development, trouble shooting, tooling concepts, tooling design and fabrication. Candidate will also support program areas, i.e. make or buy, capital, setup and first run of hardware builds, including working closely with on-program engineers and missile technicians. Other task include supporting production operations meetings, presentations and overall coordination events as required by the Prod Ops ME lead and also act as the liaison between Orlando commodity shops, Ocala, and Troy on an as needed basis. Candidate will be required to travel approximately 1 week per month.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering related field.
- 2 years of professional work experience
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly, industrial processes, technical writing, and teaming.
- Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of technical and problem solving skills in the area of manufacturing and production.
- Candidate should have hands on experience with building/assembling hardware, and the ability to clearly communicate instructions, verbally and written, providing clear direction for subsequent builds.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
Knowledge of the AGMS Mission area
Lockheed Martin experience with focus on production operations.
Working knowledge of LEAN -Six Sigma skills.
Pro-E experience with a focus on tooling, taking a concept through to final design and fabrication.
Working knowledge of GD&T, and experience with manufacturing processes, precision machining/tolerances, assembly sequences, and ability to ID potential test points within the assembly flow.
Familiarity SAP is a plus.
Able to ID and correct process issues and implement cost saving solutions (Affordability).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.