Lockheed Martin Reliability Engineer / FMECA / FRACAS / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: -Reliability Engineer to support EOTS Program area.
-This job entails performing Failure Reporting and Corrective Active Action System (FRACAS) activities on the F-35 EOTS to identify trends, root cause and corrective actions to improve production yield/throughput and field reliability.
-This job is a high visibility position and requires strong presentation skills to present to senior management in a concise and direct manner.
-This candidate must be able to interact with engineers, suppliers, quality, production operations, program managers and customer.
-They must be an analytical thinker with a demonstrated ability of solving complex problems which requires ingenuity and innovation.
-Tasks include, but not limited to:
• Identify FRACAS trends to identify and prioritize failure modes to investigate for corrective actions.
• Prepare, analyze, document and present Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) reports.
• Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Proactively identify Reliability concerns, suggest innovative solutions, and follow through to resolution.
• Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics.
• Write white papers.
• Create and present presentations.
• Perform reliability/maintainability predictions for mechanical and electrical designs.
• May be required to perform Failure Mode and Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECAs).
• May be required to perform testability/ built in test (BIT) assessment.
• Participate in Corrective Action Boards (CABs) and Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
• Support of design reviews and test activities as required.
• May be required to review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), support Concept Screening Board (CSB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB).
• May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
• Conduct of reliability growth analysis.
• May be required to support Performance Based Logistics (PBL) activities.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university OR equivalent professional experience with combined education.
• Must have at least 2 years of professional experience.
• Candidates must have experience with one or more of the following:
-Performing reliability predictions.
•Additional experience required:
-Proficiency with computer skills including Microsoft suite of applications, including Excel Pivot Tables.
-Strong written and verbal communication skills.
-Effective analytical problem solving skills.
-Candidate should be a self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with little or no direction and interface well with other program disciplines.
• Understanding of reliability, modeling concepts and reliability tools.
• Strong electrical background with a good mechanical understanding.
• Practical hands on experience with hardware test and troubleshooting.
• Experience with statistical analysis, statistical process control and/or statistical software.
• Active Secret clearance preferred.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.