Lockheed Martin Senior Electronics Technician / Soldering / Cable & Harness Fabrication / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Do you enjoy working on jobs that make a difference for our country? Do you like working with your hands? Do you love helping a team achieve success? We do too!
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin’s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
We are seeking an Electronics Technician qualified and trained to support electrical and mechanical fabrication. Role will include limited testing associated with aerospace and other critical systems. Tasks include cable / harness fabrication, surface mount and thru-hole soldering, test box layout (including drilling / punching boxes to accept connectors, test points, etc.). Candidate will support multiple missile and fire control programs.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education and additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree. Candidates with a demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 Year of experience should also apply.
- Must be a detailed worker, capable of following written and oral instructions from engineering drawings and other inputs.
- Candidate must be able to pass LM provided solder and harness fabrication training.
- Requires Secret Clearance with investigation within the last 5 years
- Familiarity with cable/harness fabrication, manual soldering (SMT and Thru-Hole), test box layout (including drilling/punching boxes to accept connectors, test points, etc.) is desired.
- Knowledge and use of basic test equipment such as multimeters as well as basic AC/DC circuitry is preferred. Related military experience and previous LMC experience is a plus. IPC-620, IPC-610 and J-STD-001 certification highly desirable.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.