Lockheed Martin Senior Maintenance & Logistics Engineer / Maintainability Engineer / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: -The Maintainability Engineer will be responsible for supporting the sustainment design for an advanced strategic weapon system.
-The candidate will perform supportability analysis to include reliability predictions, failure mode analysis, maintainability predictions (mean time to repair, crew size), maintenance task analysis, prognostics, diagnostics, systems health, scheduled maintenance, logistics footprint and support equipment requirements.
-Additionally, candidate will be responsible for Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportability (PHS&T) design characteristics of shipping and storage containers, as well as peculiar support equipment design, as needed.
-Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
-Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area.
-This region is a great place to live and to raise a family.
-Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
-The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States.
-The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part.
-Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
-Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
-Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
-West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
-Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited college (preferably in an engineering focused discipline OR equivalent experience/combined education.
• Candidates must have at least 5 years of professional experience.
• Individual must be familiar with Air Force and Navy Technical Orders and Training material process to update source material for both.
• Candidates must have either:
-PHS&T design support and transportation coordination of munitions and other hazardous materials.
-Supportability analysis experience.
• Possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Active DoD Secret Security clearance.
• Experience in performing maintenance task and critical task analyses.
• Experience providing logistics input to new development and proposal efforts.
• Experience with reviewing system support requirements, determination and maintenance of tools and test equipment and spares tracking and management, and review of maintenance and support planning documents for technical adequacy.
• Experience with developing and delivering presentations to peers and management.
• Experience as stockroom, GFP and asset custodian.
• Experience with Air Force and Navy Operations, Aircraft and munitions storage, handling and aircraft loading procedures to include platform integration.
• CFR-49 Hazardous Material certified.
• Knowledge of and practical use in CMBRE support equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to provide logistics engineering support to both development and post-production / sustainment operations.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.