Lockheed Martin Senior Network Engineer –JSF ALIS Extranet in Orlando, Florida
Description: This position is for a Sr. Network Engineer in Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) supporting the Lockheed Martin F-35 ALIS Extranet program.
This position will support Network Interoperability and F-35 ALIS Site Activation process associated with F-35 customer sites and Ships – both foreign and domestic. Position requires strong working knowledge of US Government IT infrastructure policies and procedures. Position also requires strong working knowledge of US Navy IT infrastructure policies and procedures associated with NMCI, CANES, ISNS, ADNS, and NCTAMS Pier side and SATCOM communications. The position also requires strong layer 2 and 3 networking experience along with production and administrative procedures for a highly visible IT enabled Logistics system. Position will also assist with the design and sustainment of multiple F-35 site activations with emphasis on networks, interoperability, Bandwidth Analysis, and information security...
Responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a Senior Network Site Engineer at the LM facility in Orlando, FL Engineering and Operations team
- Reviewing network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates
- Preparing IPSEC and SSL connections for diverse customers
- Coordinating network equipment and cable infrastructure installations with customer personnel, LM lines of business, and other industry partners.
- Generating system documentation including: Diagrams, Rack Elevations, Plate/Panel Details, Electrical load specification
- Troubleshooting both LM and industry partner designated program equipment and supporting network equipment
- Field testing of LM and industry partner program network equipment
- Project Management
- Provide technical training and supervision to teammates and clients.
- Provide technical assistance to clients relating to operation, use, and maintenance of LM/GFE workstations and network equipment
- Work with customers and internal personnel to manage related IT Site Activation projects and provide customer service and technical support
- Work with COMSEC Management Plans to support the F-35 ALIS program – both foreign and domestically.
- Coordinate with the ALIS Extranet Chief Network Architect for multiple locations, including; technician specifications, interface control, interoperability concepts, deployment, and production support to include; inventory and administrative information tracking, maintenance tracking, and vendor management.
- Provide tiered troubleshooting within the scope of a Problem Management and Network Management System in support of JSF ALIS Extranet problem management and escalation
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree
Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET Clearance with an investigation within the last 6 years
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
-Experience in Layer 2 and 3 Networking.
-Experience with network routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prepare designs for networks in relation to deployment of systems associated with a commercial controlled interface with Domestic and foreign Government networks.
- Ability to build and work with Network modeling tools; such as Riverbed products
- Ability to travel to other sites; both foreign and domestic, will be required.
- Demonstrated experience with the management, design, and installation of servers, routers, switches, and network components in a business environment.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with McAfee, Cisco, Juniper, and Windows operating systems.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience with network hardware including but not limited to Juniper/Cisco switches, routers and multiple firewall s/w and appliance types
- Demonstrated PC and networking skills, including LiveMeeting, conferencing servers. - Working knowledge of reading blueprints and wiring server racks
- Systems administration experience with servers and network installations/integrations.
- COMSEC experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Driven by quality customer service
- Communicate effectively both in a written and verbal manner with management, customers, and subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or Information Technology, associated with Architecture, Construction and Collaborative systems interoperability.
- Current active SECRET security clearance
-Demonstrated ability to provide high-level network, systems administration and technology management.
- Experience with development of Standard Operating Instruction and other training skills and training material development experience
-Expertise developing and maintain training materials.
-Excellent executive management presentation skills
-Strong project management skills
- Experience utilizing vendor relationships to support Extranet expansion and technology refresh.
-Prior Experience with administration, troubleshooting and maintenance for network systems.
Certifications in the following Environments: Unix, MS-, NT-, X-Windows, Linux, CCNA, CCND, and CCIE
-Demonstrated knowledge of spanning technology in switches.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.