Lockheed Martin Software Engineer / Embedded / C++ / Orlando, Fl in Orlando, Florida
Description: Develop and maintain embedded software applications and/or desktop applications for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) products. Software engineer with experience in C/C++ and Linux operating systems. Tasks involve requirement, design, code, test, and integrate software for an embedded multi-core system as well as desktop computer applications for emulation of sensors and countermeasures. Prior experience in GUI development is a plus to develop a user and data display interface. Candidate will apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
The position is for a Software Engineer to lead the development of a network connections for a high bandwidth, partitioned system for Passive Radio Frequency hardware, connected through a centralized processor and utilizing the Legion Pod as a carrier, to result in a critical demonstration on an LM owned aircraft by 3Q’18. The role would include correct clock implementation and verification, development of a Built-In-Test schema and implementation of fault detection and isolation. The coding span is expected to be Jan-July, after which integration on the aircraft starts.
Desired Skills: - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience generating and maintaining program software documentation
- Experience with software configuration management
- Experience w/ both Windows Visual Studio & Linux based development
- HWIL experience
- Integrated Flight Simulation (IFS) experience
- C++ Model Developer (CMD) experience
- Common Simulation Framework (CSF) experience
- Candidate must be able to understand and implement complex algorithms
- Must have strong C++ skills
- Must have hardware/software integration experience
- Must have strong analytical/math background
- Must have excellent communication and teaming skills to work with multiple disciplines
- Experience in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), including requirements analysis, design, coding, unit test, integration, and verification
- Excellent communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.