Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Asc Mgr in Orlando, Florida
Duties will include:
• coordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, recognition/disciplinary actions, and engineering competency development
• collaborate with Engineering Project Managers and other line managers to plan and execute personnel assignments to match staffing demands
• contribute to or lead cost estimating efforts with demanding schedules, including both competitive proposals and on-contract-growth ECPs, and ROMs.
• drive technical excellence, affordability, and continuous improvement while supporting program execution and adherence to engineering development processes, and promoting focus on customer value
Additional responsibilities may include serving in a Software Lead role which would entail
• employing Agile development principles and techniques while providing guidance to the design, development, documentation, and testing of a large, complex, logistics software product
• overseeing the establishment of functional and technical specifications and standards, support solving hardware/software interface problems, and ensuring integration of the entire system or subsystem
• leader duties may include product ownership/management, cost account management, facilitation of release planning activities, escalation and removal team impediments, and management of risk
• Proven experience in Agile Software Development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
• Proven technical leadership skills with ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• Experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments
• Prior engineering management experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and employee development and mentoring
• Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
• Experience working in technical teams across a virtual environment
• A technical background in software engineering or related field
• Experience working logistics programs development through sustainment
• Integration and test experience with large complex software systems
• Proposal development experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE) development
• Earned Value Management experience
• Proven continuous integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.