Lockheed Martin Software Quality Engineer / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This requisition is for a Systems/Software Quality Engineer in the LM Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) for the F-35 Program. The position will interface directly with the F-35 Quality Program Manager (QPM) and will functionally report to the LM RMS EQA Center of Excellence (COE) Manager.
Will be required to perform process audits to AS9100/CMMI standards while working with the project managers, team leads, systems/software engineers, and configuration managers. This position will require the ability to perform root cause analysis and the identification of corrective and preventative actions. Responsible for ensuring process compliance and adherence to engineering principles and methodologies. Additionally, to help drive the successful implementation of projects, tasks and technical deliverables, this position will require the candidate to review software code, perform validation and verification activities, execute product audits, and assist with the implementation/utilization of Software Quality Assurance across the project.
Desired Skills: - Experience using JIRA, CM and Atlassian tools within a large development environment is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience working Agile development
- Green Belt/Black Belt Certification
- AS9100/CMMI Auditor Certification
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Have a knowlegde in implementation of Software Quality Engineering techniques, best practices and business processes within Engineering Lifecycles and Projects.
- Knowledge of software design & coding techniques
- Capable of interpreting customer statement of work/contracts for quality requirements
- Capable of auditing both software process and product
- Ability to interface with program personnel, customers (both internal and external)
- Must be detail oriented with strong decision making capabilities.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.