Lockheed Martin Sr IT System Admin / Windows or Linux / Active Secret Clearance / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: • Knowledge and experience with system administration of heterogeneous networks including Windows 7/10, Windows Server, Linux
• Manage operating system upgrades and patching (Windows/Linux)
• Perform guidance and management for hardware diagnostics, troubleshooting and maintenance on multiple architectures
• Ensure the integrity and availability of applications and coordinate new application installations, upgrades and customer support on the open-network and in classified areas.
• Responsible for implementing effective backup/recovery, resource
accounting, and auditing procedures.
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance on varied IT hardware (PCs, printers, laptops, etc.).
• Validates system security requirements definition and analysis
• Establishes system security designs
• Implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures
• Verifies security requirements
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Ability to get and maintain a security clearance, and customers' acceptance
• Must have had a security clearance review within the past 5 years
• Knowledge and experience with system administration Windows 7/10, Windows Server/Active Directory, and/or Linux
• Strong organization and interpersonal skills to provide customer support and support the team
• Active Top Secret security clearance (investigation within the past 5 years)
• Prefer Security+, CISSP, or other IAT Level II/III security certification
• Experience configuring and maintaining Active Directory domains and/or NIS domains
• Experience configuring and maintaining DNS (Unix and/or Windows)
• Scripting ability to support system administration (Perl, Python, WinBatch, VBScript, PowerShell, etc.)
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Experience managing McAfee anti-virus updates on Windows and Linux/Unix
• CISSP certification
• Windows certification (MCSE, etc.)
• Linux certification
• Technical documentation creation and management
• Experience developing and maintaining Windows baselines, including security settings and Windows hardening
• Ability to identify application related configuration details for optimized performance
• Intuitive thinker that can contrive and implement new solutions to technical problems
• Knowledge and experience implementing Technical Requirements on multiple operating systems for NISPOM Chapter-8, JAFAN, JSIG, DoD RMF, and other protection level caveats
• Knowledge of real-time embedded processor cross-development environments (VxWorks, Greenhills, Mercury)
• Familiarity with mass storage technologies such as NAS, SAN, and HSM
• Familiarity with software license mechanisms, particularly FlexLM
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.