Lockheed Martin Staff, HR Business Partner in Orlando, Florida
Description: This HRBP will provide HR support to the Training & Logistics Solutions Global Sustainment team located in Orlando, FL. As a trusted advisor, the chosen candidate will be able to positively influence and impact the organization by building strong relationships and offering innovative solutions. With a comprehensive understanding of the business strategy and the RMS Culture of Accountability, this position will assist in shaping HR solutions to fit business needs.
HRBP must be able to handle a broad range of HR issues in a fast paced and changing environment. HRBP will support the leadership teams as well as individual employees in accomplishing organization objectives and ensuring HR initiatives are communicated and completed in a timely manner.
The selected individual will be responsible for organizational strategy, change management, talent management, talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, compensation, benefits, and/or training and development, leadership coaching, international deployments, employee relations issues, Service Contract Act (SCA) administration, Labor Relations, EEO, employee engagement and retention, investigations, and delivery of HR Programs. This position is a key link to leverage centers of excellence and other functions needed to support the assigned client base with seamless integration of HR services. Must be a self-starter with the ability to exercise strong influencing and decision making skills as well as a good communicator who shares knowledge and best practices to drive organizational efficiency and integration. Must be able to effectively build relationships and interact with executive leadership. There will be other special projects assigned as required.
Moderate travel is required.
• Experience with and strong knowledge of HR Practices, Policies, and Laws
• Prior HR Business Partner or Center of Excellence (COE) experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively builds relationships
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills across all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated strong influencing, prioritization, and decision making/problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility with clients and subordinates
• Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary and confidential material appropriately
• Experience supporting executive level clients.
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills. Ability to foster change and promote and implement improvement.
• Proven business acumen.
• Partner with HR Center of Excellence counterparts to ensure that the client organizations are fully supported and positioned to successfully execute its HR strategy.
• Use metrics/analytics to drive performance. Champion employee engagement, retention and diversity and inclusion. Be an employee advocate.
• Experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Demonstrate successful management of multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.