Lockheed Martin Structural / Dynamics Instrumentation Engineering Technician / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: -The position is an engineering structural / dynamics test instrumentation technician in the Structures and Environmental Test Laboratories of the Mechanical Engineering Laboratories at the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Sand Lake Road Facility in Orlando, Florida.
-The position reports to the area supervisor of the Instrumentation Group, and supports multiple programs and R & D efforts for evaluating engineering prototypes and developmental hardware for DoD applications.
-The technician will need to possess the ability to calibrate and install instrumentation, setup data acquisition systems for instrumentation data capture, and provide documented test results and reduce at data per our internal customer requirements.
-Detailed duties include assembly, calibration, and operation of laboratory and / or experimental prototype electronic test and measurement equipment to support engineers in aerospace static, dynamic and climatic environment simulation testing.
-Duties may also include fabrication of electronic cable and connector assemblies and small electrical circuit boards.
-Other typical duties include calibration, installation, and connection of instrumentation such as accelerometers, pressure and displacement transducers into digital data recording systems, and verifying their correct function. -The position may also support other technicians in mounting test articles to test equipment and execution of routine and specialized laboratory tests in accordance with test requirements and established Laboratory procedures and practices.
-As part of the duties the technician will review customer supplied information and test plans, become familiar with the test objectives, and supply comments on the draft test plan to the test engineer.
-During test execution the technician will record data as the test progresses, observes equipment for indications of failure or malfunction, and adjust, repair or replace components as directed to properly complete the test.
-As requested the technician may prepare standard test logs and reports.
• Candidates must have a High School diploma (or GED) at least three years of work experience in related industry.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
• Must be capable of obtaining an ATF Explosives Possessors License.
• Candidate shall possess general electrical skills and be proficient in the use of computers for basic data transfer, communication, and project documentation.
• Capable of gathering, maintaining, formatting, and compiling raw technical data and performing subsequent calculations on the data as instructed, including data log entry.
• Capable of assembly, calibration, and operation of laboratory and/or experimental prototype electronic test and measurement equipment to support aerospace static, dynamic, and climatic environmental testing.
• Requires strong math, writing and communication skills; the ability to interpret electrical schematics and comprehend Ohm’s Law for resistive, current and voltage calculations.
• Demonstrated electrical skills in the assembly of engineering prototype hardware and operation of digital recorders and electronic test equipment.
• Ability to fabricate electronic cable, connector assemblies and electrical circuit boards.
• Calibrate, install and properly connect instrumentation such as accelerometers, pressure and displacement transducers.
• Ability to calibrate and operate digital and magnetic tape data recording systems and verify their correct and properly functioning.
• Conduct routine and specialized laboratory tests in accordance with test requirements and established procedures and practices.
• Records the data as the test progresses, observes equipment for indications of failure or malfunction, and adjusts, repairs or replaces components as directed to properly complete the test.
• Working knowledge of signal processing.
• A vocational degree (or better) in instrumentation.
• A 5-year DOD Secret Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.