Lockheed Martin Supply Chain - Subcontract Manager in Orlando, Florida
Description: Are you looking for an opportunity to put your college degree to good use? Do you want to be regularly challenged to solve problems? Are you looking for an opportunity that directly effects a company’s bottom line? Do you want to work on the most technologically advanced programs in the industry? What better place to work than 2017 Forbes.com recognized Top 10 Employer for Millennials and recognized by Indeed as one of the 2018 Top Rated Companies for Work Life Balance. An opportunity awaits you as a Subcontract Manager with Lockheed Martin!
A Subcontract Manager is a vital and key component to the Lockheed Martin Supply Chain management team. The selected individual will the lead a multifunctional subcontract management team (Engineering, Quality, Finance, Program Management, Contract, etc.), and will execute procurements and subcontracts with multiple complexity and size suppliers. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for statusing, managing, expediting subcontracts, and will be accountable in ensuring the subcontractor / supplier meets all cost, schedule, and technical performance to support on-time delivery to Lockheed Martin’s production line. The individual will need to strategically look ahead (120 days) and forecast the delivery of critical hardware to mitigate manufacturing impacts, work and resolve supplier and engineering issues, and implement proactive strategies to assure timely and compliant hardware deliveries. Another responsibility will be to present to Senior Management regarding any hardware shortages or impacts, and recovery plans and strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking / problem solving abilities
• Able to multi-task several critical assignments at both time and ability to work both independently and within a team structure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Power Point, Word, Excel)
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
• Be empowered to work independently to pursue resolving problems
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to coordinate with various disciplines
• Quick leaner who enjoys working challenging tasks
• Ability to interact with senior management, suppliers, and other external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional organizations
• Knowledge or understanding of an MRP/ERP system
• Procurement or Acquisition Experience
• Knowledge or Familiarity of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)
• Knowledge or Familiarity of standard US Department of Defense contract types
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
4 yr and up College