Lockheed Martin Systems Architect in Orlando, Florida
Description: The primary focus of the EBS Applications Systems Architect is to lead the development and execution of the Applications Technical Strategy and Roadmaps. This individual will be an advocate for new technology and inspire and engage the Apps Team to experiment and adopt them in our projects / programs. Key efforts include:
• Develop and Execute the EBS Applications Technology Roadmap
• Collaborate with other EBS Organizations (i.e., i2, Integration, CIS, etc.) to map Application strategic needs into their strategies
• Collaborate with Application Functional teams to define technical strategies and approaches
• Engage in technical programs (including mentoring, pipelines, employee engagements) to serve as a technology advocate.
This position will report to the EBS Digitalization, Engineering & Production Operations Applications Director.
Duties of the EBS Applications Systems Architect include, but are not limited to:
• Establish the EBS Applications technology roadmap, providing direction on topics such as prototypes, trades and new industry tools.
• Contribute to Functional/Domain technical strategy and roadmaps.
• Drive flawless execution of EBS Applications programs through execution of sound and consistent architecture and engineering practices and common tools
• Ensure flawless interaction and coordination within the EBS Applications Organization
• Ensure flawless interaction and coordination with I2, Integration and CIS organizations
• Perform as Applications technical authority on Enterprise level boards and technical reviews.
• Ensure that technical solutions are horizontally integrated in an efficient manner across Business Areas.
• Ensure successful resolution of cross-domain/function technical issues.
• Collaborate with EBS Applications senior staff and EBS leadership team to ensure organization is aligned to and prepared to execute the strategy for EBS Applications.
• Contribute to the development of Systems Architects in the EBS Applications organization.
• Perform as Strategic Interface for Technology Suppliers
Ability to travel as required. Location flexible. Major LM Site
Desired Skills: • Demonstrated leadership in a previous Applications/Systems Architecture lead role
• Working knowledge of EBS business processes and technologies.
• Demonstrated expertise across Systems Architecture and Engineering life-cycle from estimation through operations & maintenance.
• Systems Architecture experience in multiple domains/Functions or Business Area applications.
• Demonstrated large-scale IT operations experience & responsibility.
• Outstanding business area credibility and relationships. Working experience across multiple LM Business Areas.
• Demonstrated experience leading technical teams
• Understanding of state of the art technologies related to applications design, development, deployment, operations and maintenance.
• Proven experience in design of Application Architectures.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and communicating technical strategies, plans, and roadmaps.
• Demonstrated experience working projects across dispersed organizations and geographical locations.
• Demonstrated ability to develop exceptional customer relationships
• Demonstrated experience with business process improvement.
• Strong systems engineering skills
• Exceptional communications and influencing skills with executive level personnel, colleagues and subordinates.
• Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.